Sunday, January 30, 2011

holidaze

starting the day dehydrated, elbow-deep in cupcake batter
mixing in pounds of edible glitter, stringing up christmas lights,
ripping duct tape to later cross over nipples

lace-clad mingling, leather crop, running fingers
over her studded collar
vodka, gin, whiskey, sparkle-dipped pretzels

give me your sequined bras, leave your furs on my bed
girls, bedazzle me! take pictures, dance with me, come here, fall down
with me, tangle into a mess of bodies like old times-

there's just so much flesh I can't choose
what I wanna grab onto

it's so cold outside (we're all so naked)
she wove her shirt out of dollar-store hair extensions, I think I must love her

taking kiss-risks

miniature red gems all over her lips
drinking wine through a straw

come on guys, just make-out and get it over with!
we have to move the party, the show has started

she looped metal cord round her dreads, crumpled tinfoil dress

he wore a tent, invited us in to drink champagne
dancing on the windowsill until he fell down

fuck, you're almost totally exposed! fuck.

swooped through like nightingales, at the show, pulled up onto the stage
by groupies' hands, eager and painted,
glow-in-the-dark eyes and boys and girls on molly pulling tentatively
on my newly platinum hair, rubbing hands down my leather pants

flirt-faced
it was all in her wink, insinuated shrug
fell right into her sass, lips on lips

i miss you, i miss you
remember we were lovers once?

sunglasses made out of plastic forks

her friend, my friend, long-time-lost, came to me
shy, smiling, her shining eyes, to pull lower lips
he grabbed my waist to pull me in

the lights were too much for us,
go-go girls, swinging in hot pants, butterfly kisses
bruiser in horns whispers tell them i loved them, raises herself over
the crowd that surges into itself beneath us

waking up still covered in blood, in a room eerie with florescence
fake eyelashes still clinging on, eyelids encrusted with rhinestones
steeped in thirst, amnesia,
satisfaction

No comments:

Post a Comment