Thursday, January 27, 2011

Break

I only texted you because they told me it would not be a big deal
And I wouldn't have known, you would have been immortalized for me
in my last glance of glimpse of small block letters, jokester, kinkster to the end,
Had she not-

But she sent me a picture of you that night
Drunken reverie of fear and flight, spilled scrambled vowels,
A voicemail of a choke




and a long silence

Snapped half-shutter, half-mast your throat open and tongue trapped
Too much light filled your fluttering hands, caught as soft sludge, the blurring of lines
into ice blisters, a ripped collar and--- bluish lips, parted, full
What look like wine stains down your shirt, turned colors of cold and clutching
Feathered hair set alight, haloed in crimson

Look what you did, vixen

No comments:

Post a Comment