Sunday, January 30, 2011

CORVALIS II

The kind of town I’d like to show Stefan in Sofia
this is America 1 and 2 and 3

Sitting on the bench like I did
working a wedding in St. Paul

The stairs were wet I wrote a letter
the bridesmaids were more beautiful than even the usual beautiful

I wanted a coke the plastic cup
cracked I left a print

Oregon state university football
is a big deal and Jerry Garcia

Things like gelato, espresso,
Indian embroidered fanny packs

I talked to Ellis in a similar sunshine
a parking lot in what’s that town called where the Kennedy’s stayed

Friends in pairs bring paper cups to the benches by the river
friends in pairs and cocker spaniels

Our families floated down the river
everyone was upset

Everyone floated in a certain way
to show how much they cared

No comments:

Post a Comment