Sunday, July 10, 2011

Finding our way at night

Remember Byrdcliffe?
There are raccoons, raccoons in the dressing rooms
(On the way I panicked, nearly crashed a car
I never drive anymore
Once there I calmed down and
I never do that anymore, either)

all the wood sweats and smells like something that is like something
and all the asphalt is soft and safe to change
and all of us go out to begin a task and end in a crouch
down low whispering laying down laughing

I don't know how to describe it.

People look older and some of us forget how to walk in the dark
pick pick and stay upright, stay upright
we forget; others seem to sacrifice by having but pick pick
they stay upright, pick pick, we stay upright
blue stone shifts uneasily and my ankles are the weakest
part, which comforts me.




No comments:

Post a Comment