Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gilda grabbed her tail and said, "I don't know why Pete Seeger songs always make me cry, I'm really not a nostalgic or sentimental person."



It's irresponsible, I thought. How do I know which is which? Although it was true there was something those kids were unaware of, it was rude to say. We were all getting ruined, shiny-skinned.

Themes that seemed like sidetracks were actually central; embarrassment, childhood, failure, woozy-when-looking-in-the-mirror.

A shake across, I was never introduced properly, collecting medium-old objects and now stopped wondering, sometimes at least. Wear an apron, it looks constructed, if I weren't so, cramming over a stretch of grass. I couldn't tell them how excited I was in case they weren't excited too, but they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment